Sunday, July 4, 2010

Remodeling while no sales

I realized today that I haven't posted since June 21 so I thought I would update the blog a little bit. Unfortunately, there are no garage sale finds to share. For the past two weeks rain has set in over the whole state. Fortunately, though, we are no longer in a drought. We are hoping that the rain will leave and we can get back to the garage sales this next weekend.

While we have had so much extra time on our hands being cooped up indoors and all we have started working on some renovation projects. First thing DH did was rip the indoor/outdoor carpet that was in our back bathroom up. Carpet in the bathroom is never a good idea and I'm so glad it's gone. It was in the house when I moved in and the whole time I never realized that there was linoleum underneath it.

It looked pretty good from a distance and I was so excited when I first saw it, that is until we kept uncovering it and found this . . .

Please excuse the mess. I snapped the picture right after the carpet came up and hadn't had a chance to sweep yet.




Hmmm . . . poorly installed linoleum. So we bought some new linoleum but decided not to place it down yet because now a bathroom renovation is in the works with new tub, sinks and all.

Now you see what happens when it rains, we get into trouble because we start a lot of projects. LOL :)

Rumor has it DH's cousin bought two more storage buildings full of goodies and is going to be having another one of her enormous garage sales this week so hopefully this weekend I will have a lot of newly found treasures to share.

Until next time. . .

ThriftyAnnabella

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

A bathroom remodel is exciting. Too bad the linoleum looked like that. I know the new redo will be a ton of work, but how nice when it is all done. Hope you're having a super 4th. Hugs, Marty

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like a major remodel in the near future! One thing does lead to another! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

Debbiedoos said...

WORK blah!!~ It will be fun though and rewarding once finished. I see why no time for garage sales. Hope you had a lovely 4th. Debbie

Halima said...

Remodel - fun & frustration at the same time. But worth it when done. I look for to your thrifty finds from those storage buildings!