Saturday, September 12, 2009

One Garage Sale and Lots of Rain

So I slept in today knowing that it was 90% chance of rain and most of the garage sales listed in the paper would probably never happen. Yesterday, however, I visited my DH's cousin - the one who I know I've mentioned in earlier posts. She buys storage buildings people don't pay for and re-sells the stuff monthly in garage sales. That's where I got my Gone With the Wind Lamp from an earlier post. On the second day of her garage sales she has half price day and knowing I wouldn't be hitting the sales in the city this weekend I decided to see what she had. For $13.75 I got all this.





Then it was off to WalMart with a friend of mine. I didn't buy hardly anything but this caught my eye and I knew I had to try it.



PS - Ms. Rhonda is canceling the Thrifty Treasures Party until spring but around here we garage sale all year long so be sure to add yourself to my followers list to keep up with the garage sale fun.

10 comments:

The Queen of Clearance said...

great deals! Gourmet candy corn? That sounds like my kind of thing!

Nicole A. said...

You did Awesome! You always find so many Great things!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some nice finds. The candy sounds interesting.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You got some great finds. Linda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Nice deals! Thanks for playing along all this summer. Spring will be here before we know it & in the meantime, we've got the holidays to keep us busy.

Kammy said...

Great finds for the last sale...boo hoo....LOL ! I love finding recipe books too !
Kammy

Dresser Girl said...

Great finds!!

Quiltpiecer said...

Great stuff ... bummer it's the last Thrifty Treasures Monday ... love seeing everyone's bargains!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Lots of great goodies! My DD would love that little purse, lol.

Im having a paint party, feel free to check it out!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great finds.