Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Cold Garage Sale



I'm going to join two parties today. I'm joining Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday.



Since I found a pretty blanket with a lot of red in it I'm going to participate in Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World

Last night my MIL tells me about her niece having a garage sale today and tomorrow. If you read my blog a lot you may know the story of her - if not - she buys storage units that don't get paid for and resells the stuff. It was at one of her garage sales where I found my Gone with the Wind lamp that I love so much.

So after much debate I finally decided to go check it out this morning. Why the debate? Because, baby, it was cold outside - LOL. Mid 40's - which for us in Louisiana is stay inside weather.

Here's what I ended up with for braving the cold.



I really enjoyed the title of the book on the right. $2.50 for both



I bought these 4 plates to match the ones I got a few months ago $2



I bought this quilt/blanket for $1 - I figured it would be great to throw over one of my couches - until I can afford new couches I'm always looking for ways to cover them up.

Happy Thrifting!

16 comments:

Mary said...

I hadn't thought about buying those storage units myself, but have heard that people get some fantastic stuff there! I do enjoy thrift stores...they are fun and profitable! Love that quilt...you don't need a new one...that one is great!

God bless,
Mary

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

The blanket is beautiful!!! In the Netherlands we don't have a quilt-tradition, so I've never found one here. But I love them! (and especially in this colorscheme)

Marigene said...

I ♥ the yellow/gold plates. Cute red/white/blue quilt...guess you will be using it if it is only 40° outside!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

SueLovesCherries said...

I'm glad you went to that yard sale, you got some good stuff! Now you can sit on the quilt on your couch, with a yellow plate of cookies, reading good Christian books! Have a good week!

Sue

Jane said...

Looks like it was worth braving the cold, you got some great buys. I love the quilt/blanket...and for only $1.00!!
Jane

Diann said...

What a great find in that blanket for only $1.00!!

★Carol★ said...

That sure was a good decision to go to that sale! That blanket is so cute, and what a great deal!
Happy Rednesday!
Carol

j said...

The colors of your quilt are wonderful! You could use that year round.

Alma Zulema said...

That is a beautiful quilt and a bargain at $1! Enjoy-it will come in handy next season. =)

Old Time Cindy said...

It is so worth braving the cold for great finds. Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Annabella,
You got some great buys! Thanks for sharing and glad you joined in on REDnesday. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a great bargain on that pretty quilt!

Katherine

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful quilt , great thrift find!
~Myrna

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Holy Cow-a quilt for a buck! I am sure you could sell it for much, much more! Its so pretty! Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my sweet friend! Great deals!
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Love the quilt and can't believe you got it for only a dollar! What a great find.

Thrifted Treasure said...

That quilt is an incredible find for ONE DOLLAR!!!