Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Making a Change



Joining in on Three or more Tuesday at The Gypsy's Corner - for my quilt featuring three or more quilt blocks.

So this morning I finally broke down and decided to hang a quilt rod that I had given to me at a garage sale. It's been sitting in my bedroom collecting dust for a little while.

So I changed the wall behind the loveseat from this . . .



to this . . .



This Sunbonnet Sue quilt was given to my mom for me before I was born and has stayed with me all these years. I may eventually change up if I find another quilt but for now I think I might keep her up.

What do you think?

Happy Thrifting!!

2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I still have the Dutch Doll quilt my Grandmother (I called her Mammie) made for me when I was a little girl. It was just the quilt top, and I had it quilted several years ago. I love it...plan on passing it on to my daughter one of these days!! Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Awww.... so sweet! How lovely to have such a treasure from your mother. It looks as if it belongs there on the wall.

You have inspired me to give a quilt to my oldest daughter that my own mother made for her... little bunnies!

Cass