Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Believe it or not I finally broke down and started decorating for Christmas. I was in the attic last week storing my Halloween buys from the clearance sales and decided since I was already up there I might as well toss my Christmas stuff down (gently that is). Once down though it was in the way so I made another decision - go ahead and start putting it up. I've still got to take the time to take some better pictures once I get the kids well again. DD is still fighting the cough and now DS is home from school vomiting and running fever. You might as well figure once one gets sick everyone else is going to get it too.



I ordered this sweet angel from LTD a few years ago. Her wings flap and light up different colors. I had originally planned to put her on the tree but she is way too big so I just leave her on a table.



All of these came from the 75% sales a few years back



I found my nutcracker music box for $1 this year at a garage sale this summer. My little squirrel I purchased last year at WalMart. He sings "I'm getting nut-thing for Christmas." I purchased two of these snow-globes a few years back when they were popular - of course I waited until the 75% sales.

I'm going to try to get a better picture of my tree and post later. My decor isn't as sophisticated as I'd like and I still have a lot I want to add to my decor - gives me something to look for during the garage sales this summer.

Also I found out today that I'm going to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for DH, myself and the kids. We normally go over to his mom's - which we still will be doing this year - but his mom has decided instead of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner they'll be Bar-B-Quing - who does that on Thanksgiving day???? To me Thanksgiving is turkey with dressing and lots of delicious pies and side dishes. So now this week I'm going to be on the lookout for a good Dressing recipe so we can have a delicious Thanksgiving supper.

Annabella

4 comments:

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Annabella!
Yup, it is starting to look like Christmas at your home! That angel is beautiful!

I have to agree with you regarding Thanksgiving dinner A few people I know are decided to go a different way and have something completely non-traditional. BBQing? Didn't we just spend the Spring, Summer and Fall BBQing? how often do you cook a turkey or pies? Not very often. On well, I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love the angel...and your one busy girl with sick kids and still decorating for Christmas...Thanks for coming by...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

LV said...

All your little holiday items are so cute. I am glad I do not have to cook Thanksgiving dinner anymore. It is nice having the family together, but it is a lot of work.

Alma Zulema said...

Oooh what a beautiful angel! I think I should start bringing my Christmas things out from storage, too. I just love the holidays! =)The cooking part I don't enjoy too much, but I'm sure you won't mind it if it means having turkey instead of ribs lol!