Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pink Saturday and Rednesday





This blog is going to be part of three blog parties. Pink Saturday and also It's a Very Cherry World and lastly Wordless Wednesday

Beverly is doing themes this month for Pink Saturday and asked us to share a holiday memory. My one big holiday memory was the in the years after my dad passed away. With everything going on I don't believe my mom was in the shape financially or emotionally to celebrate holidays but some good friends of hers came through and made sure we had a holiday to remember. I still remember all the wooden cradles and swings I received for my dolls and wish to this day I knew what happened to them.

Today I would like to share pictures from last years Christmas parade in our hometown. It reminds me that that time is coming around again.





For my pink contribution - how about a couple little girls in pink catching candy.

Happy Thrifting.

3 comments:

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

I bet the kids can't wait until this years Christmas parade!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

★Carol★ said...

I see that you're from Louisiana, so lucky you, you don't freeze at your Christmas parades! Looks like it was a fun time!
Happy Rednesday and Happy Thanksgiving!
Carol

SueLovesCherries said...

Hooray! Another parade! I'm waiting for tomorrow's!

I like that Nicole Mullen song - her voice subtley reminds me of Dolly Parton!

Have a blessed holiday weekend!