Saturday, November 14, 2009

Goodwill, Garage Sales and S-P-A-M

MellowYellowMondayBadge

I'm including this post as part of Mellow Yellow Monday because of the pretty yellow flowers on the skirt I found for DD.

So I guess my blog is getting around the web a little bit because today I got my first s-p-a-m-m-e-r - don't you love it.

Yesterday while on the hunt for Zhu Zhu Pets (this hamster manhunt is crazy) I stopped at the Goodwill store. When I first walked in my jaw about hit the floor and I felt like a treasure hunter who had finally hit gold. See when I'm out looking around you can bet there are a few things on my list - NES games, old smurfs and Pyrex. Yesterday I hit the motherload of NES games. However, the elusive Paperboy still escaped me and has not been added to my collection yet. For $22 I ended up with all this. The Cinderella bubble clock will go in the Christmas closet for DD.



Then on the way home I stopped by the store to get my daily fix of Dr. Pepper and saw a sign advertising a garage sale for today. So this morning DH and I got up and drove down the road to check it out. While out we found a couple more garage sales also. Not a big haul since most people are post-poneing the garage sales until after the holidays but I did find a few things.



This isn't the new one as you may be aware LOL but figured it would be an interesting watch - $2



Found this skirt for DD - .50



This little lady is also a bell and she cost a mere $2

Happy Thrifting all!!

5 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I'm jealous--I'd love to have my own copy of V! A tad hokey but lots of fun. Good find!

SmilingSally said...

Good morning! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog.

You certainly know how to shop and save!

If you're interested in playing Blue Monday, you can find out all the information by clicking the bluebird in my sidebar. I hope you choose to join in tomorrow.

Elaine said...

Thanks for visiting. I'm a great one for garage sales and thrift stores. I love the lady who is also a bell. ,,so sweet looking.
Have a great day.

Kim, USA said...

That's a good buy. I love going to thrift store like Salvation army and goodwill in spring and summer I am a garage diva too ^_^.

Mine is here My Life’s Journey in Focus

cheesecakepoi said...

Happy Tuesday. Taking a peek at your yellow Post. My Mellow Yellow is posted.